Each chapter of Sigma Delta Tau is responsible for the following National Fees:
- Active Dues – $75.00 per year billed at $37.50 per semester or $25 per quarter, for all initiated members. Invoices are emailed in September and February (upon receipt of the roster), and again in April for those chapters on the quarter system.
- Convention Fund Fee – $40.00 per year billed at $20.00 per semester or $15, $15 and $10 per quarter, for all on-campus initiated and new members. Invoices are mailed in September and February, and again in April for those chapters on the quarter system.
- Endowment Fund Fee – $40.00 per year billed at $20.00 per semester, for all on-campus initiated and new members.
- Technology Fee – $10.00 per year for all on-campus initiated and new members, billed at $5.00 per semester.
- Foundation Fund Fee – $10.00 per year billed at $5 per semester, for all on-campus initiated and new members.
- Insurance – This is billed to each chapter based on the number of initiated and new members the chapter has as of December 31st but the actual bill is not sent to the chapter until the beginning of the fall term the following year. Allow $45.00 per person for liability insurance in your budgeting.
- New Member Dues – $45.00 per new member based on the names submitted to us on the New Member Announcement Form in Quantum Leap. All New Member Announcement Forms are to be entered into Quantum Leap (preferred) or emailed to the National Office within 24 hours of the formal pledging ceremony.
- Initiation and Pin Fee – $280.00 or $185.00 depending on pin ordered ($100.00 initiation fee/$180 or $85 pin fee) for each new member being initiated. These fees, along with a completed jewelry order form, are due in the National Office at least two weeks prior to the scheduled date of initiation. The National Office does not bill the chapter for these fees.
- Housing Fund – Each chapter will be responsible for a housing fund, according to Sigma Delta Tau Policy, based on your campus housing situation. Those chapters with a house have a minimum $200 fee; those chapters with a suite, apartment, etc., have a minimum $150 fee; and those chapters with no house, suite, apartment, etc., have a minimum $70 fee. The fee can be billed to each member over a two year period. This money is for the chapter or local Housing Corporation’s use. It does not go to the National Organization!
If you have any questions concerning any of these fees, please contact the National Office at 317-846-7747 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Inactive Status: Member must submit ALL paperwork to National Office within the first TWO weeks of the semester. If approved, individual is only responsible for National Inactive Fee of $37.50 for that semester/quarter.
Married Student: Alumna status.
Abroad, Internships & Part-Time Students: Responsible for Active Dues plus any House Corporation fees.