The Sigma Delta Tau business, property, and affairs are managed by a National Board of Directors, composed of nine volunteer leaders: President, five Vice Presidents, Secretary/Treasurer, the Immediate Past President and the National Panhellenic Conference Delegate.
The Cabinet serves under the Board of Directors as Chapter Services Coordinators, Standing Committee Chairmen, and discretionary appointments.
The Chapter Advisors are alumnae interested in helping undergraduate chapters by overseeing the general operation of the chapters. They serve as the liaison between the local chapter and the National organization.
The overall powers of the Sorority are possessed by the voting members of the Sorority. The voting members are composed of:
- Chapters in good standing (2 votes)
- Chapter Advisors (1 vote)
- Standing Committee Chairmen (1 vote)
- Members of the Board of Directors (1 vote)
- Alumnae Association Chapters in good standing (1 vote)
- Chapter Services Coordinators (1 vote)
- Recruitment Coordinators (1 vote)
- Discretionary Committee Chairs (1 vote)
- Past National Presidents (1 vote)