National Scholarship Program
The Sigma Delta Tau Foundation is pleased to offer annual educational scholarships to assist outstanding undergraduate and alumnae sisters with tuition expenses as they pursue their educational goals. Need-based and merit-based awards are available as well as 13 scholarships supporting specific Sigma Delta Tau chapters.
Scholarships are funded through the generosity of our donors, including alumnae, collegiate leaders, chapters and friends of the Foundation.
Now Accepting Applications!
Apply January 10 – March 15, 2023
Recipients Announced July 1
Application type is based on your enrollment status for academic year 2023-2024.
Undergraduate: Any collegiate member in good standing with Sigma Delta Tau and who will pursuing undergraduate level studies for academic year 2023-2024.
Graduate: Any member who has earned an undergraduate degree by June 2023 and will be pursuing graduate level studies or advanced degrees at an accredited intuition.
Before you apply, it is recommended you gather the following information:
- Most recent transcript
- Details on the anticipated cost of academic year 2023-2024
- Financial information, including details on scholarships, grants, awards and loans to support the degree you are pursuing.
- List all SDT and Panhellenic leadership roles you have held and chapter activities you have participated in as well as campus and community service and organizations in which you are involved.
- 2023-2024 FAFSA information including your Student Aid Report (SAR) and Estimated Family Contribution (EFC) details.
- Contact information for an SDT Advisor, Recruitment Specialist or Regional Director and either an employer, professor, mentor, or SDT alumna to request recommendations.
- A high-resolution photo of yourself.
Start Your Undergraduate Level Application
Start Your Graduate Level Application
2023 Application FAQ
Delta Rho sisters only use this link: https://smr.to/p88185
Currently, the Foundation offers the following awards exclusively to sisters of Sigma Delta Tau.
- Brandi Gurwitch Memorial Scholarship for Chi Chapter
- Debbie Reduce Eleftheriou Scholarship for Beta Tau
- Deborah Hoffman Memorial Scholarship for Alpha Iota/Alpha Mu Chapters
- Delta Alumnae Scholarship for Delta Chapter
- Melissa Sarkis Memorial Scholarship for Gamma Chi Chapter
- Marissa Altman Gottfried Scholarship for Gamma Eta Chapter
- Amy Apfel Tishman Scholarship for Alpha Chapter
- Alpha Beta Chapter Scholarship for University of Rhode Island
- Upsilon Chapter Scholarship for Indiana University
- Ruth Metzger Katz Scholarship for Kappa Chapter
- Beth Metzger Gruber Scholarship for Phi Chapter
- Sunflower Scholarship in memory of Pricilla Perez Torres benefiting Gamma Mu, Northeastern
- Chapter Extension Scholarship (extension or colonization within chapter’s first two years)
- Miriam Rosenbloum Grant Scholarship for Journalism
Panhellenic or Alumnae Engagement Scholarship
- Carol Posner Goldstein Scholarship
- Joan Ellis Shatkin Scholarship
Merit Based Scholarship
- Elizabeth McQueen Sesler Scholarship
- Regene Freund Cohane Scholarship
- Ilene Rabinowitz Fleischmann Scholarship
- Ruth Coine Scholarship
- Sheila Garon Schwartz/Helene P. Garon Scholarship
- Belle Korschak Goldstrich Scholarship
- Harriet Appelman Beck Scholarship
- Ruth Neuman Jacobson Scholarship
- Judith Rubenstein Rosenberg Scholarship
- Frances Alder Schwartz Scholarship
- Trudy Kirchhausen Turkel Scholarship
- Maxine Foreman Zarrow/Gail Zarrow Richards Scholarship
- Xi Scholarship
- Sister-to-Sister Scholarship
- National Council Scholarship
- Elevate Scholarship
- SDT Foundation Scholarships
If you would like to establish a scholarship fund in your name please contact Kristen at 317-846-7747 or email@example.com.