A Sigma Delta Tau Leadership Consultant acts as an official representative of the National Organization to all undergraduate chapters. It is a full-time, paid position. Consultants travel throughout the academic year to SDT chapters across the country.
Applications are accepted November 15 – February 1, with team announcements later in spring.
Consultant Responsibilities include:
- Training Chapter Officers and Committee Chairmen
- Helping chapters execute recruitment
- Carrying out the National Policies
- Educating undergraduates in all areas of chapter programming, including: membership recruitment, scholarship, new member education, philanthropy, community service and sorority education
- Identifying chapter issues and assisting in solutions development
- Consulting with university administrators
- Cultivating local alumnae to work with chapters
- Assisting the extension team
- Serving as public relations ambassadors
- Working with the local college Panhellenics
- Submitting written reports
- Developing new resource materials for the national organization
- Representing the national organization at regional and national conferences
- Serving as a counselor, educator, spokesperson, advisor and as an expert in communications.
- Skills developed include: oral and written communication, organization, project management, creativity, marketing, presentation, sales and independent thinking.
In addition to a great experience as a Leadership Consultant you get free airline miles, cell phone reimbursement, meal allowances, leadership training and fabulous SDT swag.