Apply to be a 2017-18 SDT Leadership Consultant
Are you obsesSDT with SDT? Do you like to travel and meet new people? If you answered yes to both these questions, then being a Leadership Consultant is the job for you!
A Sigma Delta Tau Leadership Consultant acts as an official representative of the National Organization to all undergraduate chapters. It is a full-time, paid position. Consultants travel throughout the academic year to SDT chapters across the country. Training takes place during the summer.
Consultant Responsibilities include:
- Training Chapter Officers and Committee Chairmen
- Helping chapters execute recruitment
- Carrying out the National Policies
- Educating undergraduates in all areas of chapter programming, including: membership recruitment, scholarship, new member education, philanthropy, community service and sorority education
- Identifying chapter issues and assisting in solutions development
- Consulting with university administrators
- Cultivating local alumnae to work with chapters
- Assisting the extension team
- Serving as public relations ambassadors
- Working with the local college Panhellenics
- Submitting written reports
- Developing new resource materials for the national organization
- Representing the national organization at regional and national conferences
- Serve as a counselor, educator, spokesperson, advisor and as an expert in communications.
- Skills developed include: oral and written communication, organization, project management, creativity, marketing, presentation, sales and independent thinking.
In addition to a great experience as a Leadership Consultant you get free airline miles, cell phone reimbursement, meal allowances, leadership training and fabulous SDT swag.
Please click the link below for the application questions. You will also need to upload or send your resume and two letters of recommendation to email@example.com. Letters of recommendation should be from employers, chapter advisors, professors or past Leadership Consultants.