Congratulations to the 2018-19 Leadership Consultants!
- Zoe Chia, Gamma Lambda-Florida State
- Emily Crosmer, Gamma Pi-Tampa (Senior)
- Nikki Ehler, Gamma Xi-Montclair
- Caroline Garboski, Beta Phi-Stony Brook
- Nicole Jordan, Gamma Eta-USF
- Aimee Kohler, Beta Pi-Rochester
- Rachel Levine, Alpha Theta-Maryland
- Samantha Matalone, Gamma Xi-Montclair
A Sigma Delta Tau Leadership Consultant acts as an official representative of the National Organization to all undergraduate chapters. It is a full-time, paid position. Consultants travel throughout the academic year to SDT chapters across the country. Applications are accepted in the winter and and the team announced in the spring.
Consultant Responsibilities include:
- Training Chapter Officers and Committee Chairmen
- Helping chapters execute recruitment
- Carrying out the National Policies
- Educating undergraduates in all areas of chapter programming, including: membership recruitment, scholarship, new member education, philanthropy, community service and sorority education
- Identifying chapter issues and assisting in solutions development
- Consulting with university administrators
- Cultivating local alumnae to work with chapters
- Assisting the extension team
- Serving as public relations ambassadors
- Working with the local college Panhellenics
- Submitting written reports
- Developing new resource materials for the national organization
- Representing the national organization at regional and national conferences
- Serving as a counselor, educator, spokesperson, advisor and as an expert in communications.
- Skills developed include: oral and written communication, organization, project management, creativity, marketing, presentation, sales and independent thinking.
In addition to a great experience as a Leadership Consultant you get free airline miles, cell phone reimbursement, meal allowances, leadership training and fabulous SDT swag.