Position: Director of Housing
Reports To: Executive Director
Status: Exempt, Full-Time
Summary: Establish and oversee operations of a National House Corporation (NHC).
- Work with volunteer team to further develop a management concept and business plan and legal creation for an NHC
- Work with legal counsel to transfer assets and management as appropriate, including collection and review of existing local documents
- Solicit bids for third party vendors (payroll, AR and AP management, decorating projects, audits, bookkeeping, catering, search firms for house directors, billing, investment services, long-term capital planning, insurance, etc.) to support development of the business plan
- Manage various existing Corporations and development of on-boarding plans for additional corporations and new housing ventures
- Collaborate with volunteer National Housing Chair to support local house corporation volunteers with resources including, but not limited to; manuals, standardization and review of legal and governing documents, staffing, operational services, etc.
- Oversee all financial and investment components of national housing portfolio
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field. MBA, CPA, and/or real estate license desired.
- Building management or commercial realty experience
- At least seven years’ experience in an organization with similar scope
- Expertise with leases, titles and other real estate/legal documents
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to develop and manage housing projections, budgets, and financial statements
- Experience with employment and human resources practices
- Understanding of governance documents such as bylaws and articles of incorporation
- Strong written and oral communication skills, customer service skills, organizational skills, attention to detail, presentation and facilitation skills, and interpersonal/relationship-building skills
- Must be a self-starter; highly organized and detail-oriented with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and work independently; must be able to work well with members and volunteers at all levels in the organization
- Must be able to work within the position’s normal hours of 9 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. ET Monday through Friday. Remote assignments may be considered.
- Willingness and ability to travel as needed
Application: Send cover letter and resume to Debbie Snyder, Sigma Delta Tau Executive Director, 714 Adams Street, Carmel, IN 46032 or email@example.com.
Position: Communications Coordinator
Reports To: Director of Communications
Status: Non-Exempt, Full-Time
Summary: Supports the execution of communication and brand strategy including graphic and web design and digital marketing.
- Support the efforts of the Director of Communications as directed
- Update the Sorority website regularly, including, but not limited to coordinating an on-going content review, assessing technical issues, updating and creating new content
- Manage all email marketing for the organization including coordinating, formatting, reviewing and sending all mass email communication
- Design, create and maintain all social media outlets for the national organization as well as reviewing social media content for correct information and style
- Monitor social media outlets and make recommendations based on insights or issues observed
- Design, edit or update collateral materials when needed
- Write and edit content for various platforms
- Develop communication and marketing plans for events/programs with approval from the Director of Communications
- Design logos, branding and promotional materials for the national organization as directed
- Prepare reports of data related to open rates, followers/subscribers and other digital marketing analytics
- Provide recommendations to increase engagement on all communication/marketing platforms
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in communication, marketing, or graphic design
- Experience in print and digital design, layout and formatting, as well as copy editing of printed and online publications
- Experience in social and digital media and web content management
- Strong written and oral communication skills, interpersonal skills and customer service skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of AP Style
- Proficiency using the Adobe Creative Suite, website design/development software as well as Microsoft Office suite
- Detail-oriented, with the ability to manage multiple projects in a timely, well-organized fashion while keeping the overall goals of a project in mind
- Confidence to engage with the team to reach common goals and solve problems
- Willingness to continually learn new things
- Ability to recognize potential problems and develop a solution
- Ability to deliver excellent, solution-focused customer service via email, in person and on the phone
- Discipline to successfully complete work with limited supervision and on deadline
- Prior association or sorority/fraternity experience preferred
Application: Send cover letter and resume, along with graphic design work samples or a link to a portfolio to Misty Johnston, Director of Communications, at firstname.lastname@example.org.