Leadership School is finally here!
Crystal Gateway Marriott, 1700 Jefferson Davis Highway, Arlington, Virginia, 22202
We are so excited to host Leadership School 2015 in Arlington Virginia this weekend. Unfortunately, the weather in the northeast can be tumultuous this time of year, and we want you to know that we are monitoring it closely. As of now, it appears that we may be unscathed by major weather issues but just in case that changes, please read the following expectations very closely.
If your scheduled transportation mode is not affected by weather, the expectation is that you will be in attendance at Leadership School. If your transportation has been delayed or canceled, please contact Leadership School Co-Chair, Liz Watson, as well as your chapter advisor immediately so that we are made aware of your whereabouts.
If there is a threat of poor weather once you are at Leadership School, we will work with you on site to identify travel accommodations that ensure your safe and timely return home.
The Leadership School Co-Chairs have developed an incredible program for your and we are so excited to share it with you. Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask.
Here are a few last minute reminders to help get you on your way. Our official social media pages are great ways to stay up-to-date on what’s happening!
If you haven’t paid your registration fee, and your check isn’t in the mail, please bring a check to registration.
- Pack your pin! All events, except the couple casual functions, are pin attire. Find tips on our Pinterest page, or check out What to Pack.
- Bring cash! Not all vendors accept credit cards. You won’t want to miss out on some of the awesome merchandise available!
- Don’t forget that you must check-in for your flights. Also, try to use a carry-on if possible. SDT doesn’t reimburse for luggage fees.
- There are several transportation options once you arrive in D.C., but please try to use the free hotel shuttle if at all possible. Check out our travel tips for ground transportation.
- Every chapter and council member needs to bring an Amazon or Barnes & Noble gift card for JWI’s Library Initiative.
- Visit our #SDTLS15 web page for links to packing lists, travel information, speaker bios, and more!
Registration begins at 3:00 p.m. on Friday. The hotel will be able to hold your bag if your room is not ready. Our first event is at 6:00 p.m. Please be prompt to all sessions. Don’t forget to wear your Leadership School t-shirt Friday after you check in!
Join in the conversation using our hashtag #SDTLS15! We will be sharing more information on Facebook (/sdtsorority), Twitter (@sdtsorority) and Instagram (@sdtsorority). We also have a Leadership School board on Pinterest (/SDTsorority) with outfit examples, travel tips and networking pointers.
Join the conversation on social media using #SDTLS15